Podcast #1: Protein, Hormones, Hypertrophy and More with Dr. Stuart Phillips
Have you ever felt confused about how much protein to have, when and why? Well, you’re in luck! On this episode, you will hear from McMaster Univesity professor, Stuart Phillips, PhD. Over the course of his career, Dr. Phillips has published over 200 research papers on protein, hypertrophy, hormone regulation and other fitness-related topics.
Tune in as we discuss a variety of topics related to protein, hormones and nutrition. Don’t miss this episode’s actionable advice from one of the leading researchers in the performance science industry!
Listen to the Episode:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How much protein you need and how much you really should have for maximum performance.
- The maximal protein dose for optimizing protein synthesis responses.
- The perfect post-workout shake and what makes milk proteins so special.
- HowÂ consuming a high dairy-protein rich diet can help women lose weight and gain muscle.
- De-mystification of the post-workout window myth.
- Diving into the controversy about the role of hormones in hypertrophy
- Explaining the relationship between insulin, carbohydrates, macronutrient partitioning and performance.
- Dr. Phillips’ 3 most important tips for better performance.
Featured On The Show:
Get More Well Traveled Wellness