Podcast #6 Part-1: Elite Athletic Monitoring, Nutritional Manipulation for Training Adaptation & Train Low, Compete High Theory with Dr. Jon Bartlett.
Ever wondered about the best way to monitor your performance & wellbeing? Keen to learn the different nutritional strategies utilized between training & competition? On this episode we bring in a researcher whose experience spans both hemispheres, currently of the University of Victoria, Dr. Jon Bartlett. With an applied background from the English Premier league and current love for applied research, Dr. Bartlett takes us through the scientific background of his encounters with athletes and his application of research to real life scenarios.
Tune in as we discuss athlete monitoring strategies, carbohydrate manipulation, the train low compete high theory and the differences between nutritional strategies for training and for competition. Don’t miss the first of two parts from the Englishman Down Under!
Listen to the Episode:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- Challenges of applying science to practice
- Adherence and program mental buy-in
- Athlete monitoring best practices
- Using education to instigate meaningful change
- Research on sleep, accountability and culture around it
- Train-low-compete-high: separating fact from myth, limitations, best protocols
- Drawing a line under the hype around PQQ & CoQ10 supplementation
Featured On The Show:
- Liverpool vs. Everton
- Sleep Monitoring
- Train Low – Compete High (The Basics!)
- PQQ Background
- Follow Dr. Bartlett @jonbartlett66
Get More Well Traveled Wellness