Podcast #45: James Smith on Consulting Careers and Building Team Success
James Smith runs AthleteConsulting.net as a full-time consultant after a decade spent working at the top level in Portugal, Great Britain, and America. James has written several books including the excellent Applied Sprint Training (link on blog).
James gives fantastic and unique advice on the industry and what different paths we can take. We speak candidly about the infrastructure of sports unions and franchises and the work outlook for practitioners. If you want a clear perspective on how to go about a sports science career, James has the wisdom here!!
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- What’s the biggest challenge in elite sport work?
- Which career strategies have helped James succeed?
- How different approaches can lead to practitioner satisfaction and management success
Featured On The Show:
- James’ website AthleteConsulting.net
- Coaching from a distance
- Applied Sprint Training (excellent book!!)