Podcast #15 – The Current Role of mTOR in Hypertrophy with Dr. Keith Baar
On today’s episode of the Well Traveled Wellness Podcast we get molecular with Dr. Keith Baar of the functional molecular biology lab at UC Davis. We discuss the difference in research methods; humans, animals & cells, as well as getting the current perspective on molecular hypertrophy.
Want to know how to analyse research amongst the internet shit storm? What actually happens when you lift weights & gain muscle? Why does high protein benefit this? Have a listen its all in this awesome interview and take away actionable advice for your training & nutrition programmes.
Listen to the Episode:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The difference between Human, in-vivo & in-vitro research
- The importance of ‘Good Data’
- A current perspective on mTOR regulation of muscle mass
- Why supra physiological IGF-1 stimulation does not work
- The role nutrients in producing an additive effect on mTOR & hypertrophy
- The importance of Leucine in hypertrophy
- Why milk is AWESOME
Featured On The Show:
Get More Well Traveled Wellness