Podcast #13 – Blood Flow Restriction (BFR) Training with Dr. Jeremy Loenneke
On today’s episode of the Well Traveled Wellness Podcast we get down with some serious science, talking with Blood Flow Restriction Training master Dr. Jeremy Loenneke!
This week the boys talk how to utilise BFR in your training, the gap between theory and practice when using these methods and how this type of intervention can be implemented to improve your health! Jeremy was a great guest and has published a lot of awesome research in this area so sit back and get ready your science head in gear!
Wondering how you can utilise BFR for performance? Curious about the what pressures to venous occlude at? Want to know the health implications of this protocol as well as the hypertrophic (#GAINS) potential? – THEN LISTEN UP!!!!!
Listen to the Episode:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- The basics of blood flow restriction & how it can be implemented
- The best training protocols with BFR for hypertrophy
- Which focus is more beneficial: concentric or eccentric
- The contention between BFR and indices of muscle damage
- The importance of individual specific venous occlusion pressures
Featured On The Show:
Get More From Well Traveled Wellness: