Podcast #21 – Kettlebell Swings, Olympic Lifts, and Genetic Variability with Bret Contreras
On today’s episode of the Well Traveled Wellness Podcast weÂ talk Kettlebells and Genetic Variability with Bret Contreras. We also get down into some of the fundamental issues within Strength and Conditioning Research.
Want to know how Kettlebell swings compare with Olympic Lifts? Ever wondered what to look for when reading scientific literature? Have a listen its all in this awesome interview and take away actionable advice for your training programme.
Listen to the Episode:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How awesome are kettlebell swings?
- Olympic lifts: are they worth it?
- What does the research really say about hypertrophy and training volume?
- How quickly Bret gets weak when he takes time off
- Genetic variability in recovery and maintenance of lean tissue
Featured On The Show:
Get More Well Traveled Wellness