Podcast #3: Predicting the Two-Hour Marathon, Exercise for Anti-Ageing, and When Blood Pressure Matters with Dr. Michael Joyner – Part 2
Listen in as Michael shares the wealth of knowledge he acquired from over two decades doing research for the National Institute of Health, NASA, and other cutting-edge organizations. Don’t miss this episodes’s actionable advice for using exercise as an anti-aging method, how to improve your marathon time, and more.
If you have not yet heard the first part of this fun and nerdyÂ interview, you can check it out here.
Listen to the Episode:
What You’ll Learn From This Episode:
- How exactly to keep both body and brain fit as we age.
- The 6 key habits of healthy elderly people.
- When the two hour marathon will be achieved, how, and why
- What role exercise plays in warding off diabetes and other chronic disease.
- Whether blood pressure really matters and what numbers we should aim for across ages and populations.
- Michael’s dietary observations from elite athletes and how you can apply it all to your own performance
- Michael’s top 3 tips for human performance.
Featured On The Show:
- CDC High Blood Pressure Guidelines and Recommendations
- High Blood Pressure Health Risk Calculator
- Soviet High Jump Traning
- The Two Hour Marathon: Who and When?
- Dr. Michael Joyner on Twitter: @DrMJoyner
Get More Well Traveled Wellness